Jess Jessica Aphmau
October 16, 1989 (Libra)
Cat Face. (Formerly known as BluJay Studios)
Cat Face (BluJay Studios)
Jason Bravura (Husband)
Voice Actors + Co-Workers
August 13, 2012
Jessica or Jess, better known as Aphmau, is an online youtube personality commonly known for doing minecraft roleplays.
YouTube Channel Edit
Aphmau had the idea to start a youtube channel with her four friends, Castor (Calvin), Dom (Jason), Satiel (Chris) a.nd occasionally Cole, at the time making a career from commentating gameplay. The channel Challenge Accepted Inc. was created on August 13, 2012. Cole left first, followed by Castor and Satiel (for personal reasons), leaving the channel Jess and Dom, AKA, Jason. They renamed the channel to Aphmau Gaming. Seven years after creating the channel, Aphmau Gaming has over four million subscribers. On the channel you will find mini-games and many roleplay series including Minecraft Diaries, Mod Mod World, Minecraft Kindergarten, MyStreet, Phoenix Drop High, Dreams of Estorra, Upside-down Stories, Sassy Lawyer Chronicles, Meteora Valley, FalconClaw University, Ultra Nova, Mermaid Tales and A Royal Tale, although she has recently added a new channel called Aphmau Fantasy, where Dreams of Estorra and Minecraft Diaries were moved for future episodes.
Jess and Jason realized that they couldn’t continue to control the YouTube channel on their own. Eventually, more people joined Jess and Jason as they create a community called Catface Studios solving their problem and allowing them to continue the amazing YouTube videos. These people included Max (Mithzan), HouseOwner/YourPalRoss (Ross), Kristina, KamiWasa (Will), Jessie, GrandpaBats (Sean), and Calvin, who returned back to work with Aphmau.
Personal Life Edit
Throughout Aphmau/Jessica's roleplay: MyStreet, she shows she loves anime. She fangirls over Levi; an anime character from an anime named Attack on Titan and Gray Fullbuster, another anime character from an anime named Fairy Tail. You can see that when Aphmau (Jess role-playing) talked to Levi posters in MyStreet, Season 1. It is also shown Jess/Aphmau cuddles up in Attack on Titan blanket in her vlogging channel. Aphmau also has a big poster of Gray which she hangs right above her bed. Aphmau introduces Gray to Aaron in a future episode. Although Jess does not hint at it much in her videos, she loves the anime Toradora! Some people may see it, but some series are based on not only her personal life but Toradora as well.
As said and mentioned in her Draw My Life, Jess was born in Houston, Texas on October 16, 1989 with both parents and a half-brother who was 13 years older than her, yet she always just referred to as her brother. Her parents divorced a couple years after her birth because of a lot of differences. Afterwards, she, her brother, and her mom went to live with her grandparents, aunt, and multiple cousins. Her brother and eventually all her cousins had gaming consoles except for her yet she was shown to be very keen to games. Her parents shared custody of her so every other week she went to go live with her father which she said was "nice because I got to get away from a hectic house every now and then." Eventually, her mother moved back in with her father for a period of time. It was at this time when she got her first gaming console which was an a Nintendo 64, Jess remembered going to Best Buy with her parents who blindfolded her for an unknown reason only to be lead to a shelf full of Nintendo 64s, at which they took off the blindfold, and she was so excited from that moment that she cried. Jess remembered the day so vividly after they got home with her new console, her parents had a very funny argument when they couldn't figure out how to do the wires. Jess added that her Mom had done a dance when she managed to do it by accident.
During elementary school, Jess made many friends through her interest in video games. Yet she was also considered to be "too nice" at times with examples of her giving her lunch money to those who didn't have or forgot their money. People took advantage of that and started bullying her which also caused her to become introverted throughout elementary. During terrifying terrorist attack on September 11, Jessica's father was getting worried about her safety, so he pulled her out of school in order to be home-schooled for a year during her time at middle school. During the year she returned to middle school, she decided to wear cat ears. She also developed an awkward relationship with a guy. He broke up with her when things got uncomfortable.
During her transition from middle to high school, Jess got into online gaming with her first online game. It was called FreQuency, and it was on the PlayStation 2. As mentioned in her Draw My Life, the game that turned her life around was Final Fantasy XI. In 2005, she met an in-game warrior named Dom, who she later found out, his real name was Jason. They didn't seem to notice that they were falling in love, then over time, they both became boyfriend and girlfriend. Jessica would often take trips from Texas to New Jersey to see Jason.
When Jess turned 18, she moved out to be with Jason in Philadelphia and got a tuxedo kitten that they named Johnny (who went missing years later). They got an apartment while Jess went to college to study business management.
In 2012, Jess found out she was pregnant the same year Jason planned to propose to her. They got married earlier than planned at Disney World. They moved from their apartment into a larger house they had saved up for. While waiting for the baby. Jason and Jess found themselves watching lots of YouTube channels and being amazed at the idea of making a career off of what you loved. As Jess had already planned to be a stay at home mom, she and Jason talked about starting a YouTube channel with her being the personality and Jason taking the technical side. On July of 2012, Jess gave birth to her first child, which was a boy, named Joseph via C-section. FYI, Jessica has to have C-section due to her babies being quite big, probably from Jason's height.
After getting adjusted to being parents, Jess and Jason started a YouTube channel with her high-school friends Calvin (Castor) and Chris (Satiel). But due to their own personal reasons, each had to leave the channel. They all still play games together however at times. Jess who recently had a baby, said that laughing while recording would hurt so bad because she recently had a C-Section.
After running a small channel for a while Jess even tried to make an Iron & Coal server to exist alongside one of her series. By the time they were continuing the server, Jess found out that she was having another baby! This server was soon closed due to her being pregnant, She also shut down her channel for a bit, working as a full-time parent and managing the channel, which became more and more difficult for her to manage both things at a time.
During January 2014, Jess gave birth to a baby girl, named Julia. Julia was also born via C-Section.
If I'm not wrong during 2016, Jess's channel name had changed from AphmauGaming to Aphmau.
In late 2018, Jessica announced that she is pregnant.Then, in a video on her main channel she announced that the baby is a girl! The baby was born in May 12, 2019 with the name Jennifer Bravura.
Jessica's Current Life Edit
Jess and her family currently live outside of Seattle, Bellevue to be exact, in Washington State. She moved there in early 2016, and she has said that they are still getting settled fully into their new house and community. Jess and Jason also run their own studio called Catface and work alongside some of their friends Max (Mithzan) and Ross (YourPalRoss).
Recently, Jess has adopted a corgi puppy named Jet, continuing the J trend in their names (Jessica, Jason, Jennifer, etc.). He is super cute!!!
Fun Facts: Jess loves lamb chops! Jess used to like watching Fairly Odd Parents. She has played Fire Elm a Long time ago. She also plays Animal Crossing and Animal Jam whenever she is free. March is Jess's and Jason's anniversary. Jess is always annoyed when a fan asks about another YouTuber's series even if she is in the series. She loves anime (as you see, she fangirls about Levi Ackerman from Attack on Titan and Grey Fullbuster from FairyTail. She's also a HUGE fan of Toradora.). She also got her alias from a key character the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion of Final Fantasy XI
It's impressive how far she got in her Gaming and Roleplaying life. She loves her work and loves her fans. She wouldn't trade her fans for anything.
Jason, also known by his online alias as Dom and Aaron, is Jessica's husband to whom she has been married to for five years. They met in 2004 over Final Fantasy XI. The two flew to each other and soon realized their feelings.They got married in March of 2012 at Disney World resort in Florida, and have since then had two children, Julia and Joseph. They have been married for 7 years and have been together for a total of 12 years. Jessica has also had her 3rd child on May 12th 2019 named Jennifer.
Joseph is the oldest of Jess and Jason's three children and the older brother of Julia and Jennifer. He was born on July 12, 2012, about a month before Jess and Jason started the channel with Satiel and Castor. He has done one voice recording on MyStreet as the role of Toddler Aaron, which needed subtitles at first. Joseph thinks Jet smells weird.
Julia is the middle child of Jess and Jason's three children and the sister of Joseph and Jennifer. She was born on January 21, 2014, about a year and a half after Joseph was born and the channel was created. Julia is the voice actor of Toddler Alina, Lilith, and Aphmau, meaning Julia has done more video recordings than her older brother, Joseph.
Jennifer is the youngest of Jess and Jason's three children and the sister of Joseph and Julia. She was born on May 12, 2019, about 7 years after Julia and Joseph. Little is known about Jennifer since she was born recently.
Jet The Corgi Edit
Jess's adorable corgi puppy. He was adopted by Jess during March 2017. He loves lamb chops. He has an Instagram and still needs help to talk to the ladies at the office. He is honestly the star.
Johnny The Cat Edit
Jess's purrfect kitty cat. Johnny was famous in Jess's vlogs (for interrupting). Johnny is a black and white cat. but sadly, Johnny is currently missing.
Jax the CatEdit
Jax is one of the newest edition to the family which was welcomed on March 24, 2018! This is Jess's 2nd cat. Jax will sometimes steal Jet's instagram.
External Links Edit
- Everyone in the Aphmau household's name starts with J. Jessica, Jason, their three kids Joseph, Julia and Jennifer, their corgi Jet, their kitten Jax, and their tuxedo cat Johnny.
- Johnny is no longer with them since he got lost around Christmas time in 2015
- Aphmau is 29 years old.
- Aphmau becomes whimsical when someone mentions dogs (Specifically, corgis), and cats.
- Aphmau is only 4'10 in height (A short potato ^-^)
- As of October 13, 2018, Aphmau's gaming channel has reached 4,000,000 subscribers! Congrats!
- She has revealed in a Q&A that the series Minecraft Diaries will end, but no time soon.
- She is currently working on MCD S3.
- Season 3 is on hiatus still but Season 1 is being remade.
- Her two favorite female characters in MCD are Katelyn and Lucinda.
- Jess really wants to join in on the Minecraft Diaries fandom but due to her being the creator, she can't risk giving out secrets (She jokingly ships Zanemau into the fandom).
- Her alias, Aphmau comes from the character Aphmau from Final Fantasy XI
- This was one of many attempts to get the game popular again, being sad that its popularity faded.
- Jess' channel, as of June 22, 2018 has over 1 billion views!
- Jess has ended the series known as Dreams of Estorra due to the fact that it takes so long to make an episode, and most of the feedback was not positive.
- Since the Aphmau Fantasy channel was launched, the series has started up airing again.
- The series is currently on another hiatus.
- Jess has started Meteora Valley as her contribution to the Stardew Valley game.
- Jess is currently the 6th most subscribed female gamer on YouTube.
- Jessica's most popular video is "Faster Car ANIMATED MUSIC VIDEO [Aphmau Official!]", made by Julieta Colas.
- As stated in an Instagram post, she suffered severe depression as a child and suffers from Post-Partum depression when she became a mother. 
- She was hospitalized twice due to breaking down and even had Jason defend her on Twitter when she was bombarded with threats by thousands of outraged and livid fans whenever she posts videos that give fans strong negative emotions
- Fortunately, some people understand her issue and give her compliments that cheer her up, telling her how great the feels made the show amazing and wonderful and how the voice actors did a good job expressing their emotions.
- She has something called a "trigger" word that makes her laugh, whenever she hears "cocka-poo-poo"
- She claims to have trypophobia. Seeing something covered in holes causes her to itch. This also includes things that appear to be covered in holes.
- She doesn't know how to swim.
- She will take a break from social media if she is stressed enough.
- She has recently gotten into watching speed paints. She finds them soothing while writing scripts.
- She used to work at GameStop and Taco Bell. While at Taco Bell, she was only allowed to drink Mountain Dew. This eventually gave her a bad taste for the beverage.
- She almost fainted at a fan meet up.
- She was camera shy when it came to facecam, but she eventually seemed to get over it.
- When at conventions, she avoids giving out too much info on her location to avoid mobs.
- She is obsessed with informing her audience to look both ways before crossing the street.
- Before the help of her now co-workers in BlueJay Studios, Jessica and Jason made videos in their basement.
- If she wasn’t a YouTuber, she would’ve taken part in either child education or being a nurse.
- She did in fact take part in a program in high school that gave her experience in the latter.
- She seems to base Aphmau's attire on her own wardrobe.
- She jokingly treated Ross and Max like her sons.
- She seems to have a love/hate relationship with bees.
- On her phone, she had an Aaron sticker.
- As of early 2018, she started uploading videos besides Minecraft, starting with Human Fall Flat.
- She loves England, asking her friend Andy about the country whenever she has the chance. She'd like to visit one day and hopefully meet the queen and her corgis.
- She exchanged autographs with Twitter user Rocky Solid during PAX East 2018.
- She was involved in YT Creators Summit 2018 in New York City.
- Jess sometimes tends to overreact whenever she discovers something in a videogame.
- She absolutely adores pets and babies.
- She gets queasy when she sees blood that isn't her own.
- She has an obsession with Beyonce.
- When pregnant, she doesn't do food limitations.
- She had no idea what French kissing was until October 2018.
- Jess has contacts. She can't wear them for more than two hours or else her eyes will start to water.
- Jason usually helps resolve technical issues when she's live.
- The cake during the wedding was red velvet with cream cheese.
- She was involved in a YouTube Creator Panel at PAX East 2019.
- She came home sick after the convention.
- Jess considers herself a furry, but she doesn't do fur suits. She prefers looking at what other people create.
- She revealed that she will be a playable character in the indie game "Mowin' & Throwin"'.
- Jess was really butthurt when she realized she sponsored the dating sim app "Mystic Messenger" without asking to get paid.
- She was given a free coupon from Olive Garden for sponsoring them.
- Because the song "We'll Be Forgetting This" no longer belongs to Epidemic, Jess can't play it in her videos anymore or else she'll get copyrighted.
- Her favorite Disney Princess is Jasmine.
- Jess appeared in the 15th episode of the Wonder Quest as Keela.
-Hey guys! Jess here!
-Let's go ahead and begin.
-I cut my life in two pieces! [Singing in a cute voice]
-Ross who is the handsomeness boy?
-I'll tell you what I want what I really really want!
-Leave a like and comment and don't forget to subscribe if you are new ,BYE!!!!!
-It's the SHADERS, Jason!
-So what do you wanna do, daddy? I mean...
-Why does Lucinda have boobs?
-You know what? Zane, Garroth, I need you guys to make out now. I mean make up now. XD
-Ross, come out... I mean Daniel, come out!
-I am next to de goat.
-Today we're playing Game Grumps, a...
-But the friendship you had with the PHONE CALL!
-Why can't you just love each other?!
-Julia, is mommy cute?
-Hyria!... Wait!... Hyria!... You had another line, Hyria!
-I THINK I PEEEEED MY PANTS!!!
-Aaron, get 'em! Be Alpha!
-I'm gonna get that treat!
-Red Mages do both very well, but not goodly.
-A bad bunny!
-The microphone was off...
-It's just a stupid word my friends would say back in the day! (Referring to "Cocka-Poo-Poo")
-My eyes are up here. Stop looking at my kitties.
-I HAVE NO SHAME!!!
-I HAVE SOME SHAME!!!
-This relic is nice, but no.
-My specific instructions were to make it that when she falls she doesn't die!
-I know you're sad, but you're not that sad!
-YOU SHOULD ALWAYS LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET, PEOPLE!!!
-That's a big "Please don't do that!"
-Y'ALL DON'T EVEN KNOW!!! I AM WATCHING HIM LIKE A HAWK NOW!!!
-DO. YOU. KNOW. HOW. HAPPY. I AM!?!?!?!?!?!
-Ear twitches are the best...
-THE SKELETON SHOT JOJO!!!
-I murdered his face!
-Take a look at these buns!
-AM I BEYONCE?!?!?!?!
-I'm calling the police!
-And Kestin who plays Chris.
-I forgot to dab on stream.
-Show me your boobies.
-Let me flirt!
-My brain has a banana in it...
-OH NO POOR JULIA!
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_Aphmau_/status/702701736834654209
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_Aphmau_/status/700962230213283840
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_Aphmau_/status/700963977661018112
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_Aphmau_/status/695831725654429697
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_Aphmau_/status/692560212226633728
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_Aphmau_/status/746849847387394048
- ↑ https://youtu.be/m-jB9r693FU?t=519
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BUJGhiGBQpI/