Kawaii-Chan 'Nana' Ashida
Aphmau's Maid Café
Waitress at Kawaii~Treat Maid~Sweet Café
Unknown 11 Brothers & Sisters
Kawaii~Chan (Given name Nana Ashida) is one of the main characters in MyStreet.
Little is known about her life previous to meeting Aphmau. She grew in a seemingly happy home with eleven other siblings. However, she grew to hate the fact that people often confused her with her siblings since she resembles her brothers and sisters. She tried to stand out by taking the nickname "Kawaii-chan" and began acting sweet, talking in the third person, overachieving as a Meif'wa scout, and acting overly hyper and creating ships. She soon attended Phoenix Drop High.
Phoenix Drop High (S1) Edit
She isn't seen interacting with others on a regular basis, but she did start a habit of spying on Aphmau and Aaron, keeping an eye on her ship. She soon became best friends with Aphmau and Katelyn when Aphmau accidentally sent a letter to Nicole that soon got into the hands of Kawaii~Chan at a sleepover. While there, she admitted that she was shipping Aaron and Aphmau as a couple. When Gene and Balto tried to force Aaron and Aphmau to fight them, Kawaii~Chan took the chance to change them into cats. She and Katelyn later threw a party at Aphmau’s house, which quickly got out of control. Aphmau had to call Aaron so he could get the guests to leave. Afterwards, Aphmau said she wanted to be alone with Aaron, resulting in Kawaii~Chan screeching in excitement.
Phoenix Drop High (S2) Edit
Though she makes small appearances, Kawaii~Chan doesn't have many big roles in the series besides becoming friends with Kai, for being nice and the Meif'wa not accepting the title of Saber. She does not appear much afterwards.
MyStreet: Season One Edit
Kawaii~Chan has a major ship "crisis", since Kawaii~Chan has a shrine for her ship "Aarmau" in the basement of her, Aphmau and Katelyn's new home. Where she goes to the shrine to give strength to her ship. While they don't appreciate the ship, Kawaii~Chan asks Aphmau about her feelings toward the shrine to make sure Aphmau isn't to uncomfortable with it.
Kawaii~Chan is shown to have a one-sided crush on a pink pizza delivery man; Reese from Mod Mod World, a retired Aphmau series. Another friend/frenemy named Michi is also shown hanging around Reese often.
MyStreet: Lover's Lane Edit
In Season 3, she becomes the love interest of a boy that asks for her number while she was working at a maid cafe, the boy called Damien who later got a job in Aphmau's new maid cafe, and asks her on a date. She agrees, but in PostS3 Ep13, they break up, leaving Kawaii~Chan heartbroken, the next episode however, they reconcile and become friends again (not a couple though). Zane also gives her advice in the episode to help her reconnect with Damien.
MyStreet: Aphmau's Year Edit
During Aphmau's Year, Kawaii~Chan helps keep an eye on Aphmau with Zane, she was suspicious of Zane's attitude and figures that something bad happened to Aphmau during their time at the lodge. Zane reveals that Aaron was severely injured and had to be separated from Aphmau for the year, and asks her to promise she wont tell anyone else. Kawaii~Chan agrees to keep it a secret between the two and continues to help Aphmau through the year.
MyStreet: Starlight Edit
In Episode 3, she blows her cover after getting annoyed by Garroth arguing with his mirror-self, she tries to act like a magic mirror to cover it up, but fails after sneezing and accidentally dropping the mirror. Zane comes in after hearing screaming from Kawaii~Chan and Garroth, Garroth assumes that she snuck in without Zane knowing. Zane and Kawaii~Chan go along with the assumption.
In Episode 7, it's revealed that she has eleven brothers and sisters and that Kawaii~Chan isn't her real name and was a nickname to fit her new persona, so she could stand out from her brothers and sisters due to them all having the same hair and eye color. Though much of her past is still unknown, she tells Zane that the reason she told him her past was because she trusted him.
In Episode 9, Kawaii~Chan and Zane spy on Aphmau, Aaron, Katelyn and Travis at the Tropical Jungle Cafe on a double date. She tells Zane why Aphmau and Aaron are her OTP (One True Pairing), but also ends up telling Zane her real name: Nana.
In Episode 13, Kawaii~Chan makes pancakes as a way to make up for stealing pancakes from Derek. Derek suspects Zane for making the pancakes and bursts into the room, not giving Kawaii~Chan time to hide, resulting in her finally being found out. Derek promises to get her a ticket, if she keeps Aaron's secret and continues to make pancakes for Derek and Rachel.
In Episode 15, Kawaii~Chan learns that Kim is possessed by Ghost who is infatuated with Zane (Kim herself is not, much to Kawaii~Chan's relief). Ghost demands Kawaii~Chan to ship her with Zane, but Kawaii~Chan quickly refuses, considering a type of ship with no chemistry a "crackship". When Ghost attempts to get closer to Zane in the haunted house, Kawaii~Chan helps Zane hide from her. At the end of the episode, she admits to him that she has a crush on him and they share a kiss.
After the kiss, in Episode 16, the two are extremely embarrassed and beg Aphmau and Aaron on the phone for advice. Zane asks what he should to say to Kawaii~Chan while Kawaii~Chan worries Zane might not like her because they kissed all of a sudden. By the end of the episode, Zane asks Kawaii~Chan on a date, which she accepts. Later in the next episode, Garroth suggest that the two go to the amusement park at night, saying it's more romantic that way.
In Episode 18, while Kawaii~Chan and Zane are at Starlight Adventure Park, Kawaii~Chan notices Zane was embarrassed when she asked about the bumper cars while in line. When Zane returns and gets on the ride, Kawaii~Chan is ambushed by Ghost, who was disguised as Starry, one of the mascots at Starlight Wonderland. Zane quickly takes her out of the ride and tells her to run from Starry. Once they got away from Ghost, the two continue their date, where on the Ferris Wheel, Kawaii~Chan tells Zane it's okay to call her Nana, but only him as she is not ready to tell the others.
When Starlight holds a barbecue/dance (Episode 26-27), Kawaii~Chan and Garroth express excitement for the face paint, Kawaii~Chan has her face painted like a cheetah. As she talks with Zane, she gets the impression that he doesn’t love her anymore after refusing to take the relationship further, saying he wasn’t ready. Kawaii~Chan leaves heartbroken, and meets up with Travis, who cheers her up and tells her she often takes relationships too fast, and that some people just need time, advising that she respects Zane's wishes and give him time. Travis tells her that actions speak louder than words and that she should write him a note and surprise him with a "romantic gesture", then talk to him about the problem. She does exactly that, writing an anonymous letter, telling him to meet her at the beach. However before Zane can find said letter, Garroth discovers the message and assumes it's addressed to him. He arrives at the spot described in the letter, Kawaii~Chan assuming it was Zane, surprises him with a kiss. Unfortunately that was exactly when Zane walks in, having read the letter moments after Garroth. He witnesses Kawaii~Chan and Garroth kissing and breaks down into tears, running from the scene thinking Kawaii~Chan betrayed him for his brother. Kawaii~Chan chases after him, and thankfully manages to explain everything. They talk things out and make up.
In Episode 34, when Aaron unleashes Hell’s Vengeance after seeing Ein, Garroth accidentally looks at his eyes and collapses to the ground in agony. Zane and Kawaii~Chan are understandably horrified by Garroth's state fearing he might die. Fortunately, he survives due to a Forever Potion inflicted upon him during his youth but still has to bear through the painful transformation of becoming a werewolf. Kawaii~Chan was moping with Zane, who couldn't help but blame Aaron for Garroth's state. Melissa helps cheer up the party, and Kawaii~Chan presents Derek with some pancakes.
Kawaii~Chan has bright pink hair, amber colored eyes and a very pale white skin tone. Her ears and tail are black. In season one of both MyStreet and Phoenix Drop High, the inside of her ear flaps were white. When her ears and tail were given models, they inside turned pink.
She typically wears pink clothing, with white often used to accessorize. She has a love for anything cute, so her clothing is often of a 'girly' or 'feminine' style.
In her younger years, she appeared to have liked darker colors like mauve and purple.
In her cat form, her fur is white with pink splotches, and has pink bows around her ears and tail, The ribbon on her tail also features a little golden bell.
In MyStreet, she keeps her overall personality from Minecraft Diaries. She has many occupations but works hard and keeps a determined attitude. When her house caught fire, she felt guilty since it was caused due to an accident while she was in the kitchen, and ensured that she was capable of repairing the house by herself. Her determination is shown plenty as she strives to be the best at what she does, as well as her kind nature. This kindness was displayed when she persisted to care for "Michi~Chan" when she was to sick to work, despite the fact that Michi was after her crush at the time (Reese) and posed as Kawaii~Chan's rival. She's bubbly and is easily excitable, but is often shown to be oblivious and naive. She's been shown to have a selfish side to her as well, but in most instances is able to stop herself and apologizes for her behavior.
In "Alone For Awhile - 2 Months Later", she picked on Aphmau's "off" personality quickly. Helping Zane cook food, she's curious as to Aaron's sudden absence. She expresses her concern to Zane, which she believed to be the cause of Aphmau's strange vibes. Even after Zane tries to throw her tracks off by saying her ship is secure, she disregards this as she knew of Aaron's intentions and his feelings for Aphmau. During her conversation with Zane, she learns of Aaron's condition.
Despite people, underestimating her knowledge, she's one of the few people who has a great read on her friends' feelings, as she could see through Zane's lies and facade instantly. Her caring side was shown once more after she offered help and support to Zane, who went through a traumatic event. Although, her ships can come off rash and aggressive, she has shown that she is capable of separating these feelings for her friends' sake.
When it comes to fish, Kawaii~Chan's hunting instincts kick in. When she sees an aquarium of fish, she'll sneak towards the tank and try to swipe out a fish. She's also jumped into the ocean just to catch a fish.
Even though she likes to ship people together, she does not support "crack shipping". This is shown when Ghost asked her to ship her (Ghost) with Zane. Though she might have "crack shipped" Aarmau in high school, since she mentioned in "My Real Name" that she shipped them because they where complete opposites. It's possible that with time she didn't "crack ship" anymore and left it to the point where hate it.
She has a tendency for rushing romantic relationship, but refuses to accept it when her friends tell her of it. She doesn’t handle breakups well and can get extremely depressed. She also gets jealous easily when it involves her man, especially Zane, being with another woman, even if it’s a misunderstanding.
During college, she'd get paranoid whenever someone asked if “Kawaii~Chan” was her real name, fearing people would figure out that "Kawaii~Chan" was just a persona put on to make Nana feel better about herself. While Nana is in fact Kawaii~Chan, the two personas can be easily separated. Unlike "Kawaii~Chan" Nana is shown to be riddled with anxiety and self-doubt, she blended in easily with her many siblings which gave her the impression that she didn't matter. She thought of herself as just another copy and couldn't find anything special about herself. This side of Kawaii~Chan gives a lot of insight into a lot of her negative behavior. Rushing relationships, constantly second guessing herself, the list goes on. She fears being forgotten, and her solution to all of her fears and worries was to create the persona "Kawaii~Chan". The persona was inspired by a character from a book she read named "Kawaii Cookie", Nana aspired to be like that character and started to imitate the character's behavior, making herself easy to spot among her many brothers and sisters. She eventually came up with the nickname "Kawaii~Chan" and kept it for years to come. This would all be revealed to Zane, in the episode "Kawaii~Chan's Secret".
She has a tendency to forget people that weren’t important or had no meaning to her. She would often think that some insults towards her were compliments.
She also has a sense of curiosity, causing her to spy on people.
Kawaii~Chan has an interest in an array of anime, and adores sweet foods and treats. When offered anything spicy, she quickly declines. As mentioned earlier, Kawaii~Chan has a very large interest in shipping. She creates shrines and goes to them in order to create a stronger relationship between the couple. Some shrines Kawaii~Chan has created include an Aarmau (Aaron and Aphmau) and a Dancole (Dante and Nicole) shrines.
Kawaii~Chan has an obsession with the mobile cat collecting game Neko Atsume.
In the minigame series, Kawaii~Chan does possess a competitive attitude whilst playing a game.
She has a toy mouse that she likes to play with.
- The word 'Kawaii' is the Japanese word for 'Cute' while 'Chan' is an informal Japanese honorific attached to a name as a suffix. 'Chan' is typically used for those you have close relations to, but is also used when people find a person or animal cute.
- In Season 1, Kawaii~Chan could be sweet-talked into buying things very easily. Aphmau tried her best to remedy the problem.
- She had a shipping shrine dedicated to Aarmau, but as since been taken down.
- The shrine was replaced with Dancole.
- Oddly enough, she doesn't threaten Travis like she does with Kai and Ein when Aphmau was with them in high school and Garroth, Dante, and Laurance when they try to flirt with Aphmau. This is possibly because she doesn't view Travis as a threat to Aaron and Aphmau's relationship.
- It was noted in a minigames episode by Travis that all of the ships that get put into her 'shipping shrine' become a reality. This is evident as she's made shrines for both Dancole and Aarmau and both became a reality in MyStreet.
- However, Dancole sank in an episode of Love Love Paradise.
- Aphmau and Kawaii~Chan became friends only because of a sleepover that she wasn't supposed to be invited to.
- In the episode "Fight or Flight", she is seen in a flashback where she sees Aaron and Aphmau running into each other.
- Kawaii~Chan always keeps sugar on her person in Phoenix Drop High, whether she does it in MyStreet is unknown but highly likely.
- She does not do this in When Angels Fall.
- Kawaii~Chan received an update on her skin by gaining a more detailed cat ears and moving tail. This is first seen in "Love~Love Paradise!", the first episode of the MyStreet season two. Will/KamiWasa, the artist for Jess and close friends, uses a similar model for Aphmau's "Leave a Like" animation.
- Jess temporarily voiced her as a fill-in from "Zane's Pants" to the latest episode. MegaMoeka also informs that these episodes were filmed early July and could not voice her due to her busy schedule.
- Kawaii~Chan fangirl explodes when she contacts with Aarmau, most notably in Episode 28 of Season 5.
- She makes cookies when she is sad and gives them as an apology.
- Out of the people who stayed behind during the events of Emerald Secret, she is the first to know of Aaron's condition, Zane being the one who told her.
- In "Kawaii~Chan's Secret" she reveals that "Kawaii~Chan" is not her real name.
- After being caught, Kawaii~Chan is promised a ticket to Starlight by Derek as long as she keeps Aaron's secret and continues to make pancakes for Derek.
- Kawaii~Chan confessed her feelings to Zane in "I Like You...", ending the video with a kiss.
- As of Starlight Episode 15, Kawaii~Chan ships herself with Zane.
- Of all of the people we've seen that's been with Kawaii-Chan romantically (Reese *although it was mainly one sided*, Dante, Damien and Zane), each guy had a form of blue eyes. Reese had bright blue, Zane sky blue, Damien with dark blue eyes and Dante also with dark blue eyes. This is probably just a coincidence, but it could be an easter egg or a trait that Kawaii~Chan likes in a guy.
- She has a fear of cucumbers. 🥒
- In mini-games, whenever Kawaii~Chan is found in Hide and Seek, she would often whine and say "Dang it...", even crying once during a Love~Love~Paradise minigame.
- It is proven in Graduation Days Episode 5 by Nekoette that Kawaii~Chan has been a Meif'wa Scout. It is also stated that she was/is the best Meif'wa scout ever (at least in the eyes of the wise Nekoette).
- Her character was originally meant to be a kind of yandere, but be unaware that she acts like one.
- This can be seen in the early days of MyStreet by how aggressive she acts when someone messes with her ships.
- This also explains why she had a shipping shrine in Season 1.
- Nana bears numerous subtle similarities with her boyfriend, Zane.
- They each have problems with self-esteem and confidence, and coped with these issues by fabricating alternate personas and hiding behind facades, only revealing their true personalities to their most trusted friends.
- Kawaii~Chan is able to see Aaron's untamed eyes without transforming or dying. This is probably due to her nature as a Meif'wa.
- The etymology of "Nana" is an abbreviation of the word "banana". Since all bananas are genetically identical to each other, but are also a unique mutation of plantain, Kawaii~chan shares a similarity to the fruit when considering her 11 siblings and how she stood out among them.
- The name Nana also mean the number 7, possibly making Nana the seventh sibling.
- The etymology of "Ishida" comes from the Japanese "ishi" [石] (stone) and "da" [田] (field/rice paddy).
- The etymology of "Ashida" comes from the Japanese "ashi" [???] (*still to be determined*) and "da" [???] (*still to be determined*).
Katelyn~Sama will just hit Kawaii~Chan in the face with a door again...
|-Kawaii~Chan, MyStreet, Episode 5 "A Present of Love"|
"NOBODY MESSES WITH KAWAII~CHAN'S SHIP AND GETS AWAY WITH IT"
|—Kawaii~Chan From Phoenix drop high|
Dang it !!
|Kawaii~Chan, Every minigame EVER|
Kawaii~Chan: I started shipping them in high school before I really became friends with Aphmau, at first I started shipping them because they were complete opposites and I thought that was cute they had this tsundere kind of feel to them.
Zane: Go on
Kawaii~Chan: But then I guess something happened between them and they, they started to fall in love they never said it but it was there. Then I saw the way Aaron looked at her I saw it I saw the spark of love in his eyes. It was then that I knew they were my OTP
. Zane: Why on Earth would you think that?
Kawaii~Chan: Because I had hoped that someday someone would look at me with those loving eyes
|Kawaii~Chan and Zane; Mystreet Starlight, Episode 9|
Kawaii~Chan: *Hugs Zane* If...You need to talk, Kawaii~Chan's here...
Zane: Thank you...Kawaii~Chan...
|Kawaii~Chan and Zane; Mystreet Aphmau's Year, Episode 1|
Kawaii~Chan' Ships Edit
- Aarmau (OTP)
- Laurlyn (Laurance x Katelyn. Stopped by Katelyn, stated in The Big Move by Katelyn)
|MyStreet Phoenix Drop High S1 & S2 Characters|
|Aaron • Alex • Aphmau • Balto • Cadenza • Chad • Daniel • Dante • Dottie • Ein • Eric • Fenrir • Garroth • Garte • Gavin • Gene • Hyria • Ivy • Jeffory • Kacey • Kai • Katelyn • Kawaii~Chan • Kim • Laurance • Layla • Lily • Lucinda • Maria • Maria(Werewolf) • Michi • Nicole • Rylan • Sasha • Sylvana • Teony • Travis • Vylad • Zane • Zenix • Zianna|
|MyStreet S1 Characters|
|Main Characters|| Aaron • Aphmau • Cadenza • Dante • Garroth • Katelyn • Kawaii~Chan • Laurance • |
Lucinda • Nicole • Travis • Vylad • Zane
|Supporting Characters|| Abby • Brendan • Celestia • Emmalyn • Jeffory |
• Kenmur • Marsh • McCloud • Michi • Reese • Zianna
|Minor Characters||Alexander • Castor• Jasper • Krystal • Kunzite • Megan • Mr. Manly • Pyre • Urla|
|MyStreet S2 Characters|
|Main Characters||Aaron • Aphmau • Celestia • Dante • Garroth • Katelyn • Kawaii~Chan • Lucinda • Travis • Zane|
|Supporting Characters||Eric • Gene • Guy • Ivy • Jenna • Nate • Nicole • Sylvana • Teony|
|Minor Characters||Cadenza • Laurance • Vylad|
|MyStreet S3 Characters|
|Main Characters||Aaron • Aphmau • Dante • Garroth • Katelyn • Kawaii~Chan • Laurance • Lucinda • Travis • Zane|
|Supporting Characters||Cadenza • Caleb • Celestia • Damien • Eli III • Eric • Gene • Kacey • Maria • Melissa • Michi • Rachel • Sasha • Sylvana • Zenix • Zianna • Guy • Nate|
|Minor Characters||• Nicole • Vylad|
|MyStreet S4 Characters|
|Main Characters||Aaron • Aphmau • Garroth • Lucinda • Zane • Kim • Ein • Tatiana • The Ghost|
|Supporting Characters||Celestia • Eli III • Garte • Levin • Liochant • Malachi • Michi • Zianna • Derek • Sylvana • Rachel|
|Minor Characters||Celestia • Dante • Eli III • Katelyn • Kawaii~Chan • Laurance • Melissa • Travis • Nicole • Cadenza • Vylad|