|MyStreet Season 2|
|Episode 1 Thumbnail|
June 8, 2016
September 3, 2016
The second season of MyStreet premiered on June 8th, 2016 and concluded on September 3rd, 2016. The season is fully titled as Love~Love Paradise MyStreet, simply Love~Love Paradise.
In the playlist, the season is named "MyStreet: Love~Love Paradise," but both names are considered correct.
The season was announced on March 15, 2016, alongside the prequel series. Originally, the season would begin once MyStreet Phoenix Drop High ended, however this did not occur.
For the first time in Aphmau's series, this season and future season uses a theme song. For this season, the song "Faster Car" by Loving Caliber feat. Anders Lystell & Michael Stenmark is used during the first few seconds of an episode.
One year and one day since its premiere, Aphmau uploaded Faster Car Music Video starring the main and supporting cast in Love~Love Paradise resort.
Although there were no hints or clues to the season, it was expected to follow the aftermath of Aaron's and Aphmau's new relationship. This would later be true on the first episode. However, the season is instead set over the course of summer at a paradise resort, while Aaron's and Aphmau's romantic relationship flourishes.
The season differs from Aphmau's other roleplay series in which the episodes uses full voice acting, machinima, intro artwork and credits are given to artists, producers and writers.
From the prequel series, MyStreet Phoenix Drop High, it can be implied that some major characters from the series will likely appear in this season. Namely the Shadow Knights, Ivy, Teony, Lily and Alex.
Teony and Ivy first appears in the third episode "Blast From The Past!." The two are revealed to have become close friends and are on vacation so Ivy could forget about her breakup with her boyfriend.
Overall, the season focused heavily on Aphmau, Aaron, Katelyn, Travis and Garroth. Dante's character was seen rising in the episodes as he received a character arc focusing on his romatic life. Zane, Kawaii~Chan and Lucinda, although appeared, were absent frequently, having more minor roles until much later. The growth of Katelyn and Travis received a spotlight as they move pass a friendship to a new relationship. Three new characters were introduced to the series, Guy, Nate and Jenna.
On an Instagram live stream and on Ask.fm, one of the questions dealt with missing characters, such as Laurance, Nicole, Vylad, and Dante. Jess answered, "They are not in the story right now. They do not have a place in the plans that I have for the current story and I prefer not to throw in characters for the sake of simply throwing them in. It makes writing them harder and the episode get cluttered. Love~Love Paradise was one of those seasons that showed me just throwing in characters created a big mess and I don’t wanna do that again. I’d prefer to keep things on a set of characters with few new characters being side characters. She also adds for viewers to stop bothering the VAs on their characters as they do not have control over when they appear or what they can say.
The first ten episodes focuses on the group's arrival to the Love Love Paradise. As the core group begins to settle in, Travis is left behind in MyStreet, where he becomes delirious. On their stay at the resort, Aphmau encounters some familiar faces from high school: Teony and Ivy, the reappearance of Sylvanna and Eric, the parents of Aphmau and Katelyn, respectively, and resort employees Guy and Nate. Travis makes his explosive debut on the island, Dante meets Jenna, an employee of the resort and the beginning of Travis and Katelyn's relationship.
The second part of the season focuses on Aphmau's fear of swimming, Garroth and Aaron rivalry, Katelyn revealing her relationship with Travis to her dad, and Jenna joining the girls on girls' night out. Dante receives a major splotlight as Nicole arrives on the island and a love triangle emerges. Gene makes his debut in the series, as he apologizes to Aphmau for his tormenting in high school, but the latter is skeptical on his words. The season ends with the group sailing back home, Travis and Katelyn's relationship comes to a close and Aphmau and Aaron decide to move in together.
- Guy (voiced by Cole Petty, voice actor of Vylad)
Minor and AbsentEdit
Travis had a minor role in the beginning of the series after being left behind. Laurance, Nicole, Cadenza and Vylad are not shown or mentioned in the premiere. From the finale of the first season, Nicole and Dante are implied to had a falling out. However, she makes a return in the 18th episode where Dante reveals that he didn't have the guts to break up with her. In the season finale, Laurance, Cadenza and Vylad are the only major character to make no appearance. Laurance did however call Garroth on their way home, but his voice wasn't heard over the phone.
- Main article: MyStreet Story Arcs
For the first time of the season, an episode will not premiere on its regular date. This is due to Aphmau and her production crew taking a few days to relax before the launch of Dreams Of Estorra. In the regular schedule will be vlogs, which will be posted on Aphmau's vlogging channel.
As of August 9th, there is no schedule for when episodes are released. At 8 days of break, this was the longest break between episodes of the MyStreet series, from "Fiery Passion" to "The Confession". The previous holder was between the episodes of "The Auditions" and "The Kiss" with 6 days, a near full week. Following the latest upload, the series is currently on hiatus as Aphmau recovers from her internal bleeding.
On August 24th, the series returned with the episode "Jealousy". This broke the record of break between episodes at 11 days, surpassing the previous record of 8 days.
On August 28th, Aphmau revealed that this season will only have 25 episodes in a vlog on her vlogging channel. It likely would have ran through 30+ episodes, like its predecessor, but Aphmau was hospitalized for a few days, causing episodes to be delayed and unproduced. An evidence of this is the mention of Dante winning the cruise tickets, which he won early in the season. With winning the tickets, he could simply cruise around anywhere; however, this was entirely scrapped and instead was used as the cruise back to their home in MyStreet.
On May 16th, 2017, Jess confirmed that the reason she was hospitalized was because of a breakdown.
- The series is currently one of Aphmau's many series to receive a second season, similar to Minecraft Diaries.
- The season differs much from her previous in which it uses a theme song throughout all episodes.
- This season takes place one month after Aaron and Aphmau were announce as boyfriend and girlfriend. This was mentioned by Dante in the first episode.
- This is the first time in which characters talk without Aphmau using dialogue or her own voice.
- This may be because of the shaders used, when using the dialogue feature with shaders, the text bubbles look distorted.
- At the end of "Beach Puppy" to Travis In Paradise", a campaign for Love~Love Paradise merchandise ran. The merchandise had three different colors: red, blue and navy, which was worn by employees.
- From "How Dante Got his Groove Back" to present, all characters can now blink. This was created by Dom, the voice actor of Aaron.
- Due to complications with filming, it was nixed after the season ended.
- Vylad does make an appearance in this season through minigames. "In Aphmau's Multiple Aphmau's", he makes he debut on Love~Love Paradise resort.
- Aaron also mentions wearing his black hoodie the most in middle school. The group also momentarily break the fourth wall by saying that this specific character dies on the show, referencing Aaron from Minecraft Diaries.
- The ending of the video shows a new outro of Aphmau and Celestia, with social media links and merchandise.
- This was the first season of Mystreet to not feature any characters from other roleplay series aside from Minecraft Diaries